Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tamberino stepping down

I read tonight that Paul Tamberino is stepping down as Director of Ref Development for US Soccer.  I'm not very high up, only a grade 7, but I know Tamberino's name; he's been around for quite a while.  He and Brian Hall have written Week in Review and I personally find that article very interesting each and every week.  When I first became a ref maybe 12 years ago there was nothing in the way of referee development like we have now. 

According to this blog post on Big Soccer there may be a bigger issue here.  If there is a bigger issue I am slightly worried that change will be rippling through the referee infrastructure too quickly. 

Who knows, sometimes change is a good thing, but sometimes too much change too quickly is a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment