Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Big day tomorrow - Turkey Bowl

Tomorrow is a big day around the Campbell household for one, maybe two reasons.

First things first though, I'm going to try to live blog the Tottenham - Arsenal game tomorrow morning starting at 7:30am.  Please tune in and watch with me, it's on ESPN2 I believe.  I may also catch some of the later games on atdhe.net.

I live pretty close to Bob Jones University so I ref a good bit of games over there.  They don't have varsity sports and only have intramural.  However, they can produce some good soccer players.  Well, tomorrow night is the championship game, called the Turkey Bowl.  It used to be played on Thanksgiving Day but they have moved it to the weekend before.  You may ask why this game would be more interesting than other game I would do, but the kicker for this one is that the whole Bob Jones community turns out for it.  I did the game two years ago, AR2, and I would say there were maybe 3-4,000 people there.  What other games can you do where there are thousands of people there?  The game won't be the highest level game but it will be pretty exciting to be a part of a game like that.

However, the other thing that could happen tomorrow is the birth of my son.  We've been waiting for the last week for Miles to join our family but he's decided to take his time.  If he does come tonight or tomorrow the Turkey Bowl will be out - no big loss - but I really hope I can do both.

Speaking of big games I am hoping to participate in the SC State Cup games in December.  Will let you know how that goes when we get there.

Tune in tomorrow for the live blog

No comments:

Post a Comment