Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

What a weekend

Nine games scheduled, nine games completed.  Still no baby!

The entire weekend I ran with my phone in my breast pocket just waiting for a call from my wife.  Had the ringer on as loud as possible...and nothing happened.  I did get one call from my mom, just about half way through my last game of the weekend.  My ring is the Godfather theme song, so once I heard that I knew it wasn't my wife as she has her own ringer.  I'm sure one or two of the players were surprise when a cell phone started going off.

Most of my games this weekend were blowouts, including the U18 girls final last night.  4-1, after being 1-0 at the half.  It was nice though, pretty easy games especially with so much on my mind.  Only 5 yellows in my games as center, not too bad for 4 games.

In a follow up about my shoes post - I've now worn my shoes for 10 games and I still like them.  Did my feet hurt last night - absolutely.  But it wasn't the shoes, it was 9 games over a 48 hour period, 6 of them were full 90s and the other 3 80 minute games.  I did have one blister on my middle toe, left foot, but it was not painful at all.  Other than that my feet are in good shape and my legs, although tired, feel pretty good.  Definitely a good buy, and I feel much better than I would have had I been wearing my turf shoes.

So, what happened during your weekend games?  Anything out of the ordinary?  Did you watch any pro games this weekend?  What about the referee sparing Dema Kovalenko in last night's Galaxy - Dallas ballgame?  Could have easily been a second yellow before the break, but Jair kept him in it.  Good decision?

I'll try to have a post later today bout US Soccer's week in review from last Friday.  Send me your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment